Morning Cycling at Serenbe - 50 Miles of Rolling Hills!
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Sep 12 2020 7:45 am >> Sat, Sep 12 2020 12:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Sun, Aug 30 2020 9:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Sep 10 2020 6:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||4 Hours 15 Minutes|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Tom Jarosz (Juh'rose)|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||10 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
* NOT FOR BEGINNER RIDERS
* This event is dependent on state and local government direction and AOC Leadership direction
* We will adhere to any social distancing directives that may be in place
* This event requires registrants to have completed a minimum of recent multiple 50+ mile road rides with rolling hills
* Must feel comfortable riding in traffic & being chased by unleased country dogs
* All registrants are subject to review, screening and approval by the trip leader(s)
* If you're a new member or don't have a riding history with us, please email the trip leader(s) explaining your recent biking experience & history. You may be moved to the waiting list until we hear back from you and approve you for this event
* This ride is exploratory so participants should be flexible & adventurous!
* Itinerary is subject to change before and during event
Our Group Riding Plan
Join us for this morning scenic and low traffic bike ride, starting and finishing at the Blue Eyed Daisy Bake Shop in the charming town of Serenbe. Our plan is to cycle the 50 mile route of beautiful winding roads in the country - with several up and down hills!
We will ride at a two wheel moderate pedal pace (Not too fast, not too slow) and enjoy the winding rolling hills.
This is NOT a flat greenway or Silver Comet ride, or speed race to see who can finish first. We will plan to stay together as a group, stopping every few miles at each turn to re-group & re-energize with a few gulps of water or Gatorade.
- Start & Finish Location -
Blue Eyed Daisy Bake Shop
- Start & Meeting Time -
- Optional -
After our AOC event ride is completed, we will drop by the park across from the Blue Eyed Daisy Bake Shop and have lunch. Plz bring a sandwich & beverage!
Our Scenic Bike Route
For safety, helmet required to be worn during this event. No helmet, no ride.
Wear light or bright colored clothing and working lights on both front and back of your bike for visibility.
You will definitely need to carry a spare tire tube in case you get a flat. You don't want to ride without one!
We strongly recommend a road bike although you can ride a hybrid, if you are a very strong cyclist and can keep up on the hills.
Carry your phone for emergencies, GPS, Uber, etc.
Carry a whistle for signaling - emergencies, flats, breakdowns, lost, etc..
Inspect & pump up your bike tires the night before the event, not the morning of...we plan to start our ride around 7:45 AM, so please arrive 5-10 minutes earlier for check-in and important instructions!
Required Reading - bike signals & commands: https://cyclingtips.com/2009/09/verbal-and-non-verbal-communication/
If you're a Garmin user, please join our 'Atlanta Outdoor Club (AOC) Garmin Users' group to connect with other AOC Garmin users and track your activity. Join us at: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/group/2255568
Be courteous to other members on the waiting list - if you're not able to attend the event afterall, please don't wait to drop the day before or morning of the ride. Try to give as much notice as possible so other members can make their plans to attend the ride.
Itinerary is subject to change before and during the event.
Serenbe Information: https://serenbe.com/
Blue Eyed Daisy Bake Shop: http://blueeyeddaisy.com/
|How to Get There:|
Blue Eyed Daisy Bake Shop
*** You can park on the street ***
We will be meeting at the front of the Blue Eyed Daisy Bake Shop at 7:45 AM to start our ride.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
You are responsible for your own cost and expenses for this event.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.