The Kennesaw Mountains, 10 mile loop, Visitor Center start
|Event Location:||Kennesaw National Battlefield Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Wed, Mar 3 2021 1:30 pm >> Wed, Mar 3 2021 6:30 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, Feb 26 2021 1:14 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Mar 3 2021 12:14 pm|
|Event Duration:||5 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Gary 'L'|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||7 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
This hike includes four 1000 footers to achieve the 1500 foot elevation gain of a D4. We will climb each of them one time and return loop on a flatter course.
Here are some milestones and elevations in itinerary order:
Visitor Center, 1148 feet (convene here)
1. Kennesaw Mountain summit, 1782 feet, from the Kennesaw Mt. Trail
2. Little Kennesaw Mountain summit, 1602 feet, from the Little Kennesaw Trail
3. Pigeon Hill summit, 1240 feet, from the Pigeon Hill Trail
Hardage Cemetary from the Noses Creek Trail
Illinois Monument from the Cease Fire Trail
4. Cheatham Hill summit, 1122 feet, from the Ilinois Monument Trail
Hardage Mill Trail
New Salem Cementary from the unmaintained trail
24 Gun Battery Trail
|How to Get There:|
The coordinates should work but I prefer Google Maps:
Kennesaw Overflow Lot at Old 41
$5 credit card charge at QR code sign for daily entry or annual national parks pass
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.