Saturday Hike at Harbins Park
|Event Location:||Harbins Park (Dacula, GA)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 8 2021 12:00 pm >> Sat, May 8 2021 3:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, May 4 2021 7:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, May 7 2021 8:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||3 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Myra Kincaid|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||8|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
Situated on the beautiful Alcovy River and its Cedar Creek tributary, Harbins Park is Gwinnett County's largest park - also one of its newest, opening in 2009. In its nearly 2000 acres of wooded rolling hills it boasts 17 miles of hiking, biking and horseback trails. Facilities include restooms, changing rooms, a picnic pavilion and water founain.
We will hike the figure 8 loop shown in the detail below . The smaller loop (gray) is paved, but the larger loop is nice, dirt single-track.
A Trail map can be found here (click on "Harbins Map JPG"). Note that Luke Edwards Rd and the parking lot are at the top center of the map.
|How to Get There:|
1) Take I-85 North about 12.5 miles and exit at GA-316, Exit #106 (bearing right here toward Lawrenceville and Athens). - go 12.5 miles
2) Turn right on Harbins road. - Go 3.0 miles
3) Turn right on New Hope Road - Go 2.2 miles
4) Turn left on Luke Edwards Road - Go 0.7 miles
5) Turn right into the Harbins park entrance. We will meet in front of the bathrooms.
(Warning: You will see a Harbins Park entrance on the left as you follow Luke Edwards Road. This is not our entrance. There will not be any ball parks at our entrance.)
2995 Luke Edwards Rd, Dacula, GA 30019 33.9108,-83.8526
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.