Kennesaw Mountain Rocks
|Event Location:||Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Oct 8 2011 10:00 am >> Sat, Oct 8 2011 12:30 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, Oct 8 2011 7:00 am|
|Event Duration:||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||10 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Please join me for my first solo lead as an AOC trip leader (don't worry, I have a co-leader). We will meet at the visitor's center to begin our hike. We will cross both Kennesaw and Little Kennesaw Mountains, and traverse Pigeon Hill to end at Burnt Hickory Rd., where we will take a rest and enjoy our snaks and picture time. We will return the way we came, for a total of five to six miles. |
Please allow time for parking. Should the main parking lot be full, you can park further away.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1) I-75 North to exit 267B Hwy 5 Canton Road Connector|
2) If you are not heading west after getting off of the Interstate you are going the wrong way. You should be heading towards US 41 and downtown Marietta after getting off of I-75 onto the Canton Road Connector and see Kennesaw Mountain on your right.
3) You will be tempted to take the first exit off of the Canton Road Connector which is US 41, but do not take it. Proceed over US 41 on a bridge staying on the Canton Road Connector.
4) After crossing US 41 take a right at the first redlight which is Church Street Extenson.
5) You should cross railroad tracks soon.
6) Take a left onto Old 41 at the second redlight. If you get to US 41 again, you have missed the turn onto Old 41 so turn around.
7) Stay on Old US 41 until you pass in front of the mountain. Take a left at the red-light onto Stilesboro Road and then a left into the visitor's center parking lot, or park on the right-hand side of the road after passing the redlight for Stilesboro Road.
8) Last resort / panic mode / all available parking spaces have been taken: When this happens, here is where to park - Turn around and head back in front of the mountain on Old 41. Take the first left which is White Circle Road. Take the first right which is White Road Court. Park on the side of the road.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost Includes:||No cost.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.