Evening Hike at Little Mulberry
|Event Location:||Little Mulberry Park - Fence Road Entrance|
|Date(s) & Time:||Wed, Jun 4 2014 6:00 pm >> Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:30 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Fri, May 30 2014 7:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Jun 4 2014 11:00 am|
|Event Duration:||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Myra Kincaid|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||6 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
This hike will include the more "backcountry" trails in the Little Mulberry Park. This trail is surprisingly steep for it's location and includes the highest point in Gwinnett county.
We will meet at the Fence Road entrance, in front on the bathroom building, and take the following route which will require less than 0.5 miles on pavement:
1. Follow the (paved) West Meadow Trail for ~0.3 miles
2. Veer left and hike around the Ravine loop
3. Turn left onto the Beech Trail
4. Turn left on the connector to the East Mulberry/Equestrian trail
5. Follow the East Mulberry trail clockise (This loop is actually 3 miles, not the 4.75 stated on the map)
6. Take the connector trail back to Beech Trail
7. Cut across the field back to cars, taking in the panoramic views from Gwinnett's highest point.
We will need to finish before sunset at 8:40pm.
|How to Get There:|
1. Turn right on Hamilton Mill Rd, exit 120 - Go 0.1 miles
2. Take first left onto GA 124 North - Go 1.9 miles
3. Turn rightright onto onto Mineral Springs RdMineral Springs Rd - Go 2.9 miles
4. Turn Right on Clack Road - Go 0.47 miles
5. Turn Right on Fence Road - Go 404 feet
6. Turn right into the Little Mulberry park entrance at the sign
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.