Sun, Jul 22 2018 - Explore Chamonix Valley France (View Original Event Details)|
Sixteen hard-core AOC hikers enjoyed five days hiking above and near the Chamonix Valley in France, Italy, and Switzerland.
Some of the routes:
1) Hiked from the valley up to Monenvers and enjoyed the ice cave inside the glacier, then took the grand balcony north path to Plan de l’Aiguille cable car.
2) Took a cable car and gondola to le brevent then hiked down to plan praz. We then hiked along the grand balcony south path to le flegre.
3) Hiked from les houches to refuge de miage via col de tricot.
4) Took a gondola up from Vallercine then hiked over the col de balm and down the valley to the small village of Peuty, Switzerland.
5) Hiked up to the Bonatti hut from Val Ferret then climbed to col sapin and then down to Courmayeur Italy.
It was a fun, energetic group who enjoyed the challenging hikes each day and each others company.
We enjoyed dinner and refreshments each night in Chamonix, choosing from many great restaurants.
Transportation to and from the hikes were made possible using trains, buses, taxis, gondolas, and chairlifts.
Despite the famous Chamonix uncertain weather, we had no major rain while hiking.
The consensus was that we would like to go back and try more routes or even hike the TMB (tour mont blanc).