Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Rafting the Gauley with Extreme Expeditions in West Virginia
|Event Location:||Gauley River, West Virginia|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Sep 5 2003 9:00 am >> N/A|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Jan 1 2007 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Aug 8 2003 11:59 pm|
|Event Duration:||per itinerary|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Patrick Barry|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||24|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||2 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|CLASS V River - DIFFICULT– prior rafting experience required |
Dates: Departing Friday, Sept. 5th at 1pm. (meeting place TBD later, if we leave as a group
Returning Sunday, Sept 7th around 10pm
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||EXTREME EXPEDITIONS, PO Box 9,| Lansing WV 25862 Cabins-Friday night Extreme Expeditions is conveniently located in the heart of the New River Gorge just 3.5 miles south of the world famous New River Gorge Bridge off US Rt. 19, on Hinkle Road East. For directions go to www.goextreme.com or call 1-800-goextreme|
You need to call Extreme Expeditions at 1-800-GOEXTREME in order to pay for this trip. Contact Patrick Barry (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm once you have paid.
NOTE: This is Extreme Expeditions cancellation/refund policy:
1. Reservations - A deposit of 50% per person is required to confirm a reservation. Reservations must be paid in full 30 days prior to your trip date. Reservations made less than 30 days in advance must be paid in full by cash, credit card, travelers checks, money order, or cashiers check. No personal checks will be accepted on the day of your trip. Reservations not paid in full 30 days in advance may be canceled without notice. Gauley River Reservations must be paid in full 45 days prior to the trip date.
No refunds for no-shows.
Extreme Expeditions reserves the right to change rivers, sections of rivers, or trip times due to weather conditions, water levels or other factors beyond our control.
2. Cancellations - Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to your trip date will allow us to refund the full payment made to Extreme Expeditions. *For cancellations made less than 30 days but more than 15 days in advance, we will refund half of the payment. No refunds will be made when a reservation is canceled less than 15 days prior to your trip date. All cancellations must be received by us in writing.
* Less $10.00 per person cancellation fee *
Late Arrivals - Please notify Extreme Expeditions if you are running late. In the event that you or someone in your party is late, we will make every attempt to accommodate you on a later trip, based on availability only. Unfortunately, we are unable to delay an entire trip and will depart at the scheduled time.
We will provide additional information by fax or email as soon as it is received from the outfitter.
This is a rain or shine event.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost Includes:||$318.34 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required by July 31st. You need to call Extreme Expeditions at 1-800-GO EXTREME prior to that date. (The reservations are under the name Cheri Wiesman.) Go to www.goextreme.com/important_info.asp|
What is included in the cost:
Rafting the entire Gauley on Saturday (Over 100 rapids, so be prepared for a FULL day of fun! And Sun you will raft the upper Gauley.
Lodging in a cabin for Fri and Sat night (see note below)
Breakfast and Lunch for both Sat and Sun; dinner for Sat night (choice of steak, chicken, or swordfish)
You will be responsible for your own fuel for car/carpool
* the cabins have 6 full-size bunk beds. Therefore, the beds are first come first serve! Theres room enough for 24 people to have a bed, if they dont mind sharing. So, let Patrick know if you mind bunking with someone/already have a bunk buddy. Late comers can sleep on the floor/mattress/thermarest. Also, depending on how many people go on the trip there may be a few extra dollars left over from your deposit, or you may need to chip in a few more dollars. (The room cost is estimated.) But it shouldnt be more than $15 either way.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.