Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Springlike Midday Hike at Emory’s Hahn Woods & Lullwater Park
|Event Location:||Hahn Woods parking lot, at 866 Houston Mill Rd in NE Atlanta|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:00 pm >> Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Feb 5 2019 12:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:00 am|
|Event Duration:||2 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Charlie Cottingham|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||14 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
This Thursday's midday weather is expected to be ideal for dayhike - in the low 70s, with lots of sunshine and "spring splendor" popping out all around us! Hope you can join me for this 2- hour moderately paced hike via the scenic creekside trails of Emory University's parklands. We’ll gather a few minutes before 12:00 Noon in the FREE Hahn Woods parking lot —See easy Directions & GPS info below.
BRING FIDO if you LIKE! Lullwater Park is a popular place for dog walking. Your well-behaved dog is welcome provided he or she is leashed and under your control at all times.
PHOTOS from our JAN 2011 AOC HIKE at LULLWATER PARK:
|How to Get There:|
HAHN WOODS STREET ADDRESS: 866 Houston Mill Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30328
For a zoomable map or satellite view of this parking & gathering spot click the square blue & green "Event Location" icon near the top of this article.
DIRECTIONS to HAHN WOODS PARKING LOT from the I-85 CLAIRMONT RD EXIT:
1. In NE Atlanta get off I-85 at Exit 91, "Clairmont Rd."
2. Take Clairmont Road southward (toward Decatur) about 2.4 miles to the traffic light at Mason Mill Road. (This is the 2nd light past the big Clairmont/ North Druid Hills intersection).
3. Turn Right onto Mason Mill Rd and go 0.6 mile to the traffic light at Houston Mill Rd.
4. Turn Left onto Houston Mill Road and go just 0.3 mile down the hill. Just beyond the bridge turn Right into the gravel Hahn Woods lot where we can safely park during the hike. In the unlikely event that this lot is full (or has its gate locked) there's also free street-side parking along the shoulder of Mason Mill Road, just a 3- or 4-minute walk northward.
CONCISE LAT/ LON for GPS & Maps.Google.com Users: Feel free to enter the following as an alternate Destination Address for our Hahn Woods gathering spot, being sure to include the comma and minus sign: 33.8038, -84.3233
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
No Charge! Free Event with Free Parking.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.