Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Hot Springs and Hiking
|Event Location:||Hot Srings Resort and Spa, Hot Springs, North Carolina|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Sep 11 2009 8:00 pm >> N/A (Carpool Departure: 3:00 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Jul 16 2009 3:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Aug 20 2009 8:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 nights|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Lisa Maldonado|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$40.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||26 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|We will arrive on Friday and set up tents at group sites 463, 465, and 467. Each site will accommodate up to six tents. Please bring your smaller tents to make room for the group. The camping sites are located directly on the French Broad River. We have the Hot Springs hot tubs reserved for Friday night at 9:00 PM for an hour. On Saturday we will hike The Max Patch trails for approximately 6 miles.|
We will return to the campground for a swim in the river. The hot tubs are reserved for our group on Saturday evening from 8:30- 9:30 PM
On Sunday morning we will hike the Lovers Leap trail for about 1. 5 miles.
Everyone will be responsible for his or her own food. There are a few small restaurants in the town of Hot Springs if you do not wish to bring food. Hot Springs website: www.hotspringsnc.org
|How to Get There:|
315 Bridge Street, Hot Springs, NC, 28743
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||420Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||3:00 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||Estimated cost per vehicle for this event is $168.00 using a reimbursement rate guideline of $0.400 per mile. The total amount should be divided by the number of people in the vehicle, including the driver. This is a guideline, not a rule, for drivers but the cost should not be higher unless there are extenuating circumstances.|
Important information for paid events in which payment is managed through the AOC:
- Payment must be received by the payment due date and prior to participation in the event.
- Some paid events require a minimum number of registered participants. If that number is not met, the event will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those who have already paid.
- Third-party vendors often require damage deposits. Each registrant agrees to be liable for and required to reimburse the Atlanta Outdoor Club for any withheld deposits due to the actions of or damages caused by that registrant.
- No partial payments. All registrants must pay the posted Member Cost regardless of any agreement you may have with any party involved in the event.
- Read the event description carefully for additional information, and contact the trip leader(s) with any questions.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Camping fees for two nights and Hot Tub use for Friday and Saturday Evening.|
Payment should be made via PayPal, PC Banking or check. It is your responsibility to get payment in to meet due dates. Allow two days processing for PayPal and PC Banking and one week to mail a check.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the AOC on Thu, Aug 20 2009.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
*Note: If you cancel on or before Aug 25th, full payment is refundable less a $5 adminitrative fee. No refund after Aug 25th, unless someone replaces you and pays in full, then you will receive a full refund less a $5 administrative fee.