Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
March MONADNOCK Madness
|STATUS:||Cancelled - Hide from Calendar|
|Event Location:||Stone Mtn - Arabia Mtn - Panola Mtn|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Nov 21 2020 9:30 am >> Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:30 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Jan 21 2020 10:07 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Tue, Mar 17 2020 7:07 pm|
|Event Duration:||13 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate (Exploratory)|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||11 / 4 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Note: This is an "EXPLORATORY" trip. This means that there are parts of this trip, or perhaps the whole trip, that is new to your Trip Leader(s). However, they are confident that this will not be an issue.
This note is here so that you can make an informed decision. When a Trip Leader isn't personally familiar with a trip, there is an increased chance of things not going as planned and you need to be prepared. The Trip Leader may have additional details in the itinerary.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BEFORE SIGNING UP!
1. Although I have climbed all three monadnocks, this triple-hike event is new to me!
2. This event entails money:
a. There is a fee of $16.74 paid directly to the organizers of the event (not AOC).
b. There may be a separate fee of $20 to drive into Stone Mountain Park (avoid the fee by parking in Stone Mountain Village and walking 0.7 miles into the park) and a $5 fee to drive into Panola Mountain Park.
c. If you plan to ride in the carpool, plan to pay your driver approx. $10 for vehicle expenses and parking passes. Exact amount TBD.
3. Our AOC group will be part of a guided event organized by the Arabia Mountain Heritage Area Alliance, whose guides will lead the event. There will be other non-AOC individuals/groups on this event.
That said, here's what we'll climb in ONE DAY:
Monadnock #1 (Stone Mountain)
Monadnock #2 (Arabia Mountain)
Monadnock #3 (Panola Mountain)
Ready to bag all three Monadnocks? Then here's what you need to do:
1. Set a reminder in your calendar for Jan 21 to register for 2020 Monadnock Madness
2. On Jan 21 (or soon after) go to:
3. Select the March 21 event at 9:30 AM
4. Register and pay for the event.
5. AFTER you have registered and paid for the event, go to the AOC site and sign up to attend the event with AOC (If the AOC group is full, you can attend the event as an independent hiker)
6. Familiarize yourself with the event at:
7. On March 21, meet the AOC group at 9:10 AM at the Stone Mountain Walking Trails parking lot (see directions below) for greetings, introductions, and carpool setup. Then, meet with the event host, spend the day bagging all three monadnocks, and get a keepsake to commemorate your efforts!
|How to Get There:|
Enter "Stone Mountain Park West Gate" into your nav.
Follow the directions to the West Gate. Once inside the gate, turn LEFT onto Robert E. Lee Blvd and drive 0.2 miles to the "Walking Trails Parking" sign on your LEFT. Park in the lot and meet near the rock near the sign.
GPS afficionados, go to:
Please note: You will not be able to join the group on this event unless you have signed your waiver and are on the approved AOC list!
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
1. This is billed as a rain or shine, non-refundable event. If you are unable to participate (or can join us only for part of the event) please consider your $16.52 payment to be a nonrefundable tax-deductible donation to the missions of these three parks
2. You must climb all THREE monadnocks to earn AOC credit for the event. If for any reason you choose to (or have to) leave the event before completion, your name will be dropped from the roster with no penalty.