Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Murphey Candler Loop near Arabia Mountain
|Event Location:||Murphey Candler Elementary School parking lot|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jul 5 2020 9:30 am >> Sun, Jul 5 2020 12:30 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Jun 29 2020 8:15 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sun, Jul 5 2020 6:00 am|
|Event Duration:||3 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Easy to Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Richard A. Zalik|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
This loop within the Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve goes through rolling wooded hills and a varied and pleasant landscape. The itinerary covers the Cascade, Wilburn Farm, Boomerang and Laurel Creek trails, and approximately 1.7 miles of the PATH paved trail.
|How to Get There:|
ARABIA MOUNTAIN NATIONAL HERITAGE AREA is in the SE corner of DeKalb County (east of Atlanta near Lithonia, GA and I-20).
1) From Atlanta or I-285 proceed eastbound on I-20 and get off to your Right at Exit #74("Evans Mill Rd/Lithonia").
2) Take the 1.3-mile-long exit ramp STRAIGHT AHEAD to its end at the traffic light where Evans Mill Rd crosses underneath I-20. (AVOID BEARING RIGHT off the ramp at the first "Evans Mill" opportunity!)
3) Turn Right at the traffic light onto Evans Mill Road and go just 0.1 mile to the next traffic light.
4) At the light go straight ahead onto Woodrow Drive (avoiding the right turn to stay on Evans Mill Rd or the left turn onto Mall Pkwy) and continue another 0.8 mile to the stop sign at Klondike Road.
5) Turn right onto Klondike Road and proceed 2.7 miles to the blinking yellow light on South Goddard. Turn right and proceed straight ahead 0.2 miles to the end of the road.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.