Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Riding 51.5 Miles of Beautiful Rolling Hills: Starting & Finishing @ Sosebee Cycling Park
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Aug 22 2020 7:15 am >> Sat, Aug 22 2020 12:15 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Sun, Aug 2 2020 9:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, Aug 22 2020 7:00 am|
|Event Duration:||5 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult (Exploratory)|
|Trip Leader(s):||Tom Jarosz (Juh'rose)|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||10 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Note: This is an "EXPLORATORY" trip. This means that there are parts of this trip, or perhaps the whole trip, that is new to your Trip Leader(s). However, they are confident that this will not be an issue.
This note is here so that you can make an informed decision. When a Trip Leader isn't personally familiar with a trip, there is an increased chance of things not going as planned and you need to be prepared. The Trip Leader may have additional details in the itinerary.
* Not a beginners ride
* This event is dependent on state and local government direction and AOC Leadership direction
* We will adhere to any social distancing directives that may be in place
* This event requires registrants to have completed recent multiple 38 to 45+ mile road rides with hills
* Must feel comfortable riding in traffic and possibility of being chased by unleased countryside dogs!
* All registrants are subject to review, screening and approval by the trip leader(s)
* If you're a new member or don't have a riding history with us, please email the trip leaders explaining your recent biking experience & history. You may be moved to the waiting list until we hear back from you and approve you for this event
* Itinerary is subject to change before and during event
Join us for this early morning 51.5 mile exploratory bike ride starting & finishing at Sosebee Cycling Park!
Our Group Riding Plan
Our plan is to bike ride 51.5 miles from Sosebee Cycling Park at a 2 wheel moderate pedal pace (not too fast, not too slow) and enjoy the beautiful rolling hills and amazing countryside scenery.
There are hills, some more challenging, please note: this is NOT a flat greenway or Silver Comet ride, or speed race to see who can finish first. We will plan to stay together as a group, stopping every few miles to re-group & re-energize with a few gulps of water or Gatorade and snacks.
Up front notice: This is a no-drop ride so no one will be left behind, but if you can't keep up with the group, you may be asked to turn around - you're responsible for finding your way back to the start. Road bike strongly recommended, unless you can keep up with the other cyclists on a hybrid bike.
Our Scenic 51.5 Mile Bike Route
For safety, helmet required to be worn during this event. No helmet, no ride.
Wear light or bright colored clothing and working lights on both front and back of your bike for visibility.
We recommend a road bike although you can ride a hybrid.
Carry your cell phone for emergencies, Uber, GPS mapping, etc.
Parking at Sosebee Cycling Park is limited. Recommend you get to park early to find a parking place.
If you're a Garmin user, please join our 'Atlanta Outdoor Club (AOC) Garmin Users' group to connect with other AOC Garmin users and track your activity. Join us at: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/group/2255568
Itinerary is subject to change before and during the event.
|How to Get There:|
Please use GPS for directions to:
Sosebee Cycling Park
465 Simpson Rd NE White, GA 30184
Bicycle Hand Signals
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.