Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Scenic Fall Bike Ride On The Silver Comet: 70 miles + optional 5 miles
|Event Location:||Silver Comet Trail at 4342 Floyd Road, Mableton, GA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Oct 18 2020 7:30 am >> Sun, Oct 18 2020 2:30 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Sep 23 2020 10:30 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Oct 15 2020 7:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||7 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Tom Jarosz (Juh'rose)|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||8|
|Minimum Group Size:||6|
|Number Registered So Far:||5 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
* Not a beginners ride
* Recent 60-65 mile bike rides required to
* All registrants are subject to review, screening and approval by the trip leader(s)
* If you're a new member or don't have a riding history with us, please email the trip leaders explaining your recent biking experience & history. You may be moved to the waiting list until we hear back from you and approve you for this event
* This event is dependent on state and local government direction and AOC Leadership direction
* We will adhere to any social distancing directives that may be in place
* Itinerary is subject to change before and during event
Join us for this early morning 70 mile bike ride + optional 5 miles on the Silver Comet Trail. We'll start our ride at 7:30 AM from the well known Silver Comet Depot Bike Shop parking lot located right on the Silver Comet Trail at the 4.2 mile mark. We will ride the trail for approximately 35 miles out and return back at a moderate pedal pace for a total of 70 miles. Feeling strong? Add an optional 5 miles to your ride :). Endurance is the name of the game here! Short breaks will be taken as needed.
Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to sign in and for instructions.
For those not familiar with it, the Silver Comet is a limited-access, converted rail trail with very few traffic crossings. It's a cool place to enjoy a pleasant morning bike ride and mingle with other bike riders.
- IMPORTANT NOTES -
For safety, helmet required to be worn during this event. No helmet, no ride.
This is a self sustained ride so you are responsible for carrying your own water, food/snacks, and any gear needed for the ride. Please don't ask the trip leader to carry anything for you :)
Wear light or bright colored clothing and working lights on both front and back of your bike for visibility.
We recommend a road bike although you can ride a hybrid.
Carry your cell phone for emergencies, Uber, GPS mapping, etc.
If you're a Garmin user, please join our 'Atlanta Outdoor Club (AOC) Garmin Users' group to connect with other AOC Garmin users and track your activity. Join us at: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/group/2255568
|How to Get There:|
Silver Comet Depot
4342 Floyd Road, Mableton, GA 30126
On the Silver Comet Trail [mile marker 4.2]
FROM WEST OF ATLANTA:
FROM EAST OF ATLANTA:
FROM NORTH/SOUTH OF ATLANTA:
http://www.silvercometga.com/silver-comet-map/silver- comet- map.shtml
How to fix a flat tire
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.