Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST
sign up at the bottom of this page
Kennesaw Mountain, 6 miles
Kennesaw Mountain National Battleffield Park, 900 Kennesaw Mountain Dr., Kennesaw, GA 30152
|Date(s) & Time:||Mon, Jan 4 2021
2:00 pm >> Mon, Jan 4 2021 4:30 pm
Thu, Dec 31 2020 1:00 pm
|Registration Cut Off:
Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:30 pm
|Event Duration:||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Hugh Baker|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
Members Only, 21 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||
7 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
We will meet at the visitor center entrance facing the parking lot. From there we will hike to the summit of Big Kennesaw Mountain then down into the saddle and back up Little Kennesaw Mountain. Then a long downhill past Pidgeon Hill brings us to the three mile marker near Burnt Hickory Road. We will hike from Burnt Hickory Road back the way we came for a double traverse of Big and Little Kennesaw Mountains. The distance is 6 miles and the total elevation gain is about 1,700 feet. Be prepared to hike alone as everyone will hike at his/her own pace and we will likely be spread out on the trail. Those unfamiliar with the trail will regroup at trail junctions and other locations where it is possible to loose the trail.
|Required Items to Bring:|
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
Depending on the weather:
extra layers of clothing
|How to Get There:|
1) I-75 North to exit 267B Hwy 5 Canton Road Connector
2) If you are not heading west after getting off of the Interstate you are going the wrong way. You should be heading towards US 41 and downtown Marietta after getting off of I-75 onto the Canton Road Connector and see Kennesaw Mountain on your right.
3) You will be tempted to take the first exit off of the Canton Road Connector which is US 41, but do not take it. Proceed over US 41 on a bridge staying on the Canton Road Connector.
4) After crossing US 41 take a right at the first redlight which is Church Street Extension.
5) You should cross railroad tracks soon.
6) Take a left onto Old 41 at the second redlight. If you get to US 41 again, you have missed the turn onto Old 41 so turn around.
7) Stay on Old US 41 until you pass in front of the mountain then turn left at the redlight and park in the main visitor center lot if you can. If full head back out to Old 41, take a left and park in the overflow parking lot farther down the road on the left.
Allow 10 minutes to walk from the overflow parking lot to the visitors center in the event that the main parking lot is full.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.