Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Coosa Backcountry Loop - Triple Crown
|Event Location:||Vogel State Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jun 19 2021 9:00 am >> Sat, Jun 19 2021 4:00 pm (Carpool Departure: 7:00 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Jun 7 2021 8:01 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Jun 16 2021 3:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||7 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D6: Advanced|
|Trip Leader(s):||Steve H|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||8|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||4 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Join me for an early morning 16 mile counter clockwise hike on the beautiful Coosa Backcountry Trail, with side trips to Coosa Bald and Blood Mountain. We will start our hiking quest at Vogel State Park. Lots of hills, trees and views!
This is a strenuous hike and only for advanced hikers with recent D4 or D5 experience hiking in the mountains. This hike will be rewarding and should prove to be an adventurous day on the trail for those who are up to the challenge and would like to join us.
1. Itinerary is subject to change anytime at the discretion of the trip leader(s).
2. We will take breaks to allow the group to stay together, with MODERATE speed while we are moving.
3. The trip leader(s) reserves the right to consider participant's past history and to make the final determination for participation on this hike.
4. Hydration will be important, it may be HOT! There will be a few water sources along the way, if you want to bring a filter.
5. If not carpooling, arrive at 8:45 am, ready to hike. We will leave the Vogel parking lot to begin the hike at 9 am.
NOTE: We have a carpool on this event. If you sign up and wish to be in a carpool, drivers have descretion. Due to COVID, carpool drivers may be chosen based on willingness to take others and/or your willingness to show proof of vaccination or recent negative COVID test. Honor system may also be used.
|How to Get There:|
Take GA 400/US 19 north to Dahlonega. Then take US 19 north to where it joins US 129 at Turners Corner. Continue north on US 19/129 for 11 miles to Vogel State Park.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||125Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||7:00 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||Estimated cost per vehicle for this event is $50.00 using a reimbursement rate guideline of $0.400 per mile. The total amount should be divided by the number of people in the vehicle, including the driver. This is a guideline, not a rule, for drivers but the cost should not be higher unless there are extenuating circumstances.|
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Parking Fee for drivers, $5. Pay at the park.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
This is a rain or shine event, but may be cancelled due to threat of widespread thunderstorms.