Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Maroon Bells in the Rockies
|Event Location:||Aspen Colorado|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Sep 19 2021 10:00 am >> Sat, Sep 25 2021 7:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Sun, Jul 11 2021 7:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Jul 30 2021 7:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||6 Days 9 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D6: Advanced (Exploratory)|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$25.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||2|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 / 5 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Note: This is an "EXPLORATORY" trip. This means that there are parts of this trip, or perhaps the whole trip, that is new to your Trip Leader(s). However, they are confident that this will not be an issue.
This note is here so that you can make an informed decision. When a Trip Leader isn't personally familiar with a trip, there is an increased chance of things not going as planned and you need to be prepared. The Trip Leader may have additional details in the itinerary.
Come hike the iconic Maroon Bells considered the most majestic mountains in all of Colorado. The Aspen Trees will be at peak gold! This is a challenging backpack with around 9000' elevation gain over 4 days and passes at about 12,500'. (see links below).
This trip is a minimum group size of 4 and maximum of 8. All who sign- up will be first placed on waitlist until trip leader approval based on capability and compatability. If approved, Trip Leader will move you over. (See anticipated costs for flight, shuttle, hotel under additional notes.) There is a $25.00 fee to AOC for all extended travel events.
Sun. Sept. 19: Fly into Aspen CO (currently $400 rountrip from Atlanta). Stay at hotel
Mon. Sept. 20: Enjoy Aspen, acclimate at 8000', stay at hotel.
Tues. Sept 21: Shuttle to 4 Pass Loop early; self- register at trailhead; Hike 6 miles; camp about a mile from West Maroon Pass.
Wed. Sept 22: Hike over West Maroon Pass and Frigid Air Pass about 7 miles; camp in Favert Basin
Thurs: Sept 23: Hike 6 miles over Trail Rider Pass; camp near Snowmass Lake
Fri: Sept 24: Hike over Buckskin Pass and out 8.5 miles; shuttle back to Aspen; Stay at hotel.
Sat: Fly out of Aspen back to Atlanta.
Anticipated cost for each person:
Roundtrip airfare to Aspen: Approx. $400
Shared hotel rooms (3 nights): Approx. $175
Rountrip shuttle from Aspen to near trailhead: $16
(Trip Leaders may coordinate payment as a group for hotel and shuttle reservations, where convenient)
The payment of $25 only covers AOC Service Fee. All costs (transportation, lodging, meals & drinks, and etc.) are paid by members on their own.
The $25.00 AOC fee must be paid by July 16 per AOC guidelines (see below) Cancellation by participant before August 1 will receive $25.00 (full) refund minus the 3% PayPal fee. After August 1 there will be no refund.
Important information for paid events in which payment is managed through the AOC:
- Payment must be received by the payment due date and prior to participation in the event.
- Some paid events require a minimum number of registered participants. If that number is not met, the event will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those who have already paid.
- Third-party vendors often require damage deposits. Each registrant agrees to be liable for and required to reimburse the Atlanta Outdoor Club for any withheld deposits due to the actions of or damages caused by that registrant.
- No partial payments. All registrants must pay the posted Member Cost regardless of any agreement you may have with any party involved in the event.
- Read the event description carefully for additional information, and contact the trip leader(s) with any questions.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the AOC on Fri, Jul 30 2021.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.