Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
AT Section: Unicoi Gap To Dicks Creek Gap
|Event Location:||Chattahoochee National Forest|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Sep 18 2021 7:00 am >> Sat, Sep 18 2021 7:00 pm (Carpool Departure: 7:00 am *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:02 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Sep 15 2021 3:30 pm|
|Event Duration:||12 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D6: Advanced|
|Trip Leader(s):||Steve H|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||4 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
This AT segment takes us from Unicoi Gap to Dicks Creek Gap. Sixteen miles and around 5,000 feet of elevation gain.
This is MODERATE pace hike. That doesn't mean fast, but also not slow, but we will need to move at average speed of 2.5 mph to finish the hike in the time scheduled.
1. Itinerary is subject to change anytime at the discretion of the trip leader(s).
2. We will take breaks to allow the group to stay together, with MODERATE speed while we are moving.
3. The trip leader(s) reserves the right to consider participant's past history and to make the final determination for participation on this hike.
4. Hydration will be important, it may be HOT! There will be a few water sources along the way, if you want to bring a filter.
5. If not carpooling, arrive at Dick's Creaak 8:45 am, ready to hike. We will leave the Dick's Creek parking lot to head to Unicoi to begin the hike at 9 am.
NOTE: We have a shuttle on this event. If you sign up you will need to be in a shuttle, drivers have descretion. Due to COVID, carpool drivers may be chosen based on willingness to take others and/or your willingness to show proof of vaccination or recent negative COVID test. Honor system may also be used.
|How to Get There:|
Parking at Dicks Creek Gap off GA Hwy 76 (the end of the hike). For those who are meeting at the event, this is where we'll all group to execute the car shuttle.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||240Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||7:00 am|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||Estimated cost per vehicle for this event is $96.00 using a reimbursement rate guideline of $0.400 per mile. The total amount should be divided by the number of people in the vehicle, including the driver. This is a guideline, not a rule, for drivers but the cost should not be higher unless there are extenuating circumstances.|
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.