Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
The Teton Crest Trail
|Event Location:||Grand Tetons National Park - Teton Crest Trail|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:00 am >> N/A|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Apr 1 2010 10:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, May 1 2010 9:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||9 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D6: Advanced|
|Trip Leader(s):||Michael Johnson|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$110.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||6|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||5 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Over ten years ago, when I was skiing behind the Grand Teton's, I told myself I would come back and backpack this area, because it was the most beautiful mountain range I'd
ever seen. A couple years ago I read an article in National Geographic or Backpacker, that rated the Teton Crest Trail as one of the best backpacking trips in the U.S. Bob
Bunner and I discussed this trip numerous times over the last couple years, so we're both very excited to lead a trip out there this year...finally.
This is a high alitude backpacking trip, with nobody to carry your equipment but yourself, so it's mandatory that you're an experienced backpacker and in very good shape. After
our 4th night near Solitude Lake, we will need to climb 2.4 miles up to PaintBrush Divide (over a 2k' elevation gain @ 10,700'), then almost 2 miles down 1K' to Holly Lake for our
last night in the park.
5 nights in backcountry/ 35.4 mile hike. You will be responsible for bringing your own stove, water filter, food or find someone on the trip who wants to share these items with you.
Day 1: (9/4) Fly to Jackson, WY. Pick up rental cars, check into hotel.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Meet at airport in Jackson, WY on Saturday evening, September 4, 2010. Hopefully, we can all catch the same flight so we don't have to make separate trips from the airport to our lodging.|
Cost does not include flight/food or anthing not listed in Cost Includes.|
Important information for paid events in which payment is managed through the AOC:
- Payment must be received by the payment due date and prior to participation in the event.
- Some paid events require a minimum number of registered participants. If that number is not met, the event will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those who have already paid.
- Third-party vendors often require damage deposits. Each registrant agrees to be liable for and required to reimburse the Atlanta Outdoor Club for any withheld deposits due to the actions of or damages caused by that registrant.
- No partial payments. All registrants must pay the posted Member Cost regardless of any agreement you may have with any party involved in the event.
- Read the event description carefully for additional information, and contact the trip leader(s) with any questions.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Camping permit fee, park entrance fee, and cost of 2 rental cars to allow for shuttling to trail heads, shopping, registering and touring Jackson/Teton area before and after hike. Preliminary checking indicated we could get 2 mid-size cars at the same price as one mini-van, which would make it more convenient for the shuttle as well.|
Bear canisters are free. We pick them up at the ranger station.
Costs not included:
Airfare: $400 -$500
Gas: $20 per person
Lodging for three nights: $250 (2 people to a room with separate beds)
Going out for Meals: $100 - $150 (Jackson is very pricey)
Meals/snacks on the trail
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the AOC on Sat, May 1 2010.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.