Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Kennesaw Mountain Saturday Morning Fitness Hike - Intermediate to Advanced Hikers
|Event Location:||Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:00 am >> N/A|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Mar 19 2010 9:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||3 Hours max|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Chris L|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||6 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
***The hike will start at 8:00 AM, so please plan on meeting 15 minutes prior to that time to sign in. You can park in the main visitor's center parking lot (if space if available). Allow a few minutes to walk from old US 41 to the vistors center if you park there.***
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1) I-75 North to exit 267B Hwy 5 Canton Road Connector|
2) If you are not heading west after getting off of the Interstate you are going the wrong way. You should be heading towards US 41 and downtown Marietta after getting off of I-75 onto the Canton Road Connector.
3) You will be tempted to take the first exit off of the Canton Road Connector which is US 41, but do not take it. Proceed over US 41 on a bridge staying on the Canton Road Connector.
4) After crossing US 41 take the next right at a redlight onto Church Street Extenson.
5) You should cross railroad tracks soon.
6) Take a left onto Old US 41 at a redlight. If you get to US 41 again, you have missed the turn onto Old US 41 so turn around.
7) Stay on Old US 41 until you pass in front of the mountain turn left onto Stilesboro Road and an immediate left into the visitor's center parking lot if there are spaces available.
Old US 41 is closed in order to replace the CSX railroad bridge. The signs will guide you take a left onto Stilesboro road. If the parking lot at the visitors center is full, head straight through the barricades. There is room to drive your car through them. There is a small sign indicating overflow parking beyond the signs so it's okay. Park beyond the redlight and barricade on either side of the road.
Meet prior to 8:00 AM at the cannon outside the main entrance of the visitors center. Call the trip leader if you are running late, but please note that we won't wait on you. You will have to try and catch up with the group if you arrive late.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost Includes:||No cost.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
*Note: This is a rain or shine hike - we will hike regardless of the weather - except for thunder, tornadoes or earthquakes...