Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
West Palisades - After Work Hike
|Event Location:||Paces Mill Area, West Palisades Unit - Chattahoochee NRA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:00 pm >> Thu, Jul 21 2011 8:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Jul 14 2011 7:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Jul 21 2011 5:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||18|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||13 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
West Palisades connects Akers Mill and Paces Ferry on the west bank of the Chattahoochee River at Devil's Shoals. We will hike about five miles of the trails in this section of the Chattahoochee NRA including sections along the river as well as in the woods. The trail is mostly flat; however, there are a few uphill sections. We will be hiking at a moderate to fast pace.
Please remember to bring $3 cash for the National Park Service parking fee, unless you have a Chattahoochee NRA annual pass.
If you bring your dog, it should be able to keep up with the group and interact well with other dogs and people. The Chattahoochee NRA requires that owners keep their dogs on a leash and clean up after their pets on the trails. A maximum of three dogs will be permitted on this hike.
|How to Get There:|
From northbound Interstate 75
From southbound Interstate 75
From eastbound Interstate 285
- Take exit 20 - Interstate 75 S/US 41/Cumberland Boulevard
- Keep left at fork to Interstate 75 S/Cumberland Boulevard, go 0.6 miles.
- Keep left at fork to Cumberland Boulevard, go 0.4 miles.
- Turn right at Cumberland Boulevard, go 0.3 miles.
- Turn left at US 41 S/GA 3 S/Cobb Parkway SE, go 0.6 miles park entrance is on your right.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.