Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Sunday Afternoon Hike: Slo-Go Kennesaw
|Event Location:||Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jul 31 2011 5:00 pm >> Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Jul 25 2011 12:17 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||3 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Richard A. Zalik|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||16|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||14 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
This event is for those that want to hike Kennesaw Mountain at a slower pace.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||1) I-75 North to exit 267B Hwy 5 Canton Road Connector|
2) If you are not heading west after getting off of the Interstate you are going the wrong way. You should be heading towards US 41 and downtown Marietta after getting off of I-75 onto the Canton Road Connector and see Kennesaw Mountain on your right.
3) You will be tempted to take the first exit off of the Canton Road Connector which is US 41, but do not take it. Proceed over US 41 on a bridge staying on the Canton Road Connector.
4) After crossing US 41 take a right at the first redlight which is Church Street Extension.
5) You should cross railroad tracks soon.
6) Take a left onto Old 41 at the second redlight. If you get to US 41 again, you have missed the turn onto Old 41 so turn around.
7) Stay on Old US 41 until you pass in front of the mountain and park on the right-hand side of the road (or in the new parking lot farther down the road on the left) after passing the redlight for Stilesboro Road.
FYI: The new parking lot - approximately 270 spaces, is now open but parking on Old Highway 41 is not yet closed. Park by Old Highway 41 or in this new parking lot if the main parking lot is full - whichever you feel more comfortable with.
8) Last resort / panic mode / all available parking spaces have been taken: When this happens, here is where to park - Turn around and head back in front of the mountain on Old 41. Take the first left which is White Circle Road. Take the first right which is White Road Court. Park on the side of the road.
Meet prior to 5:00 PM at the cannon outside the main entrance of the visitor's center or just inside the lobby.
1) Allow 5 minutes to walk from old US 41 or the new parking lot to the visitors center in the event that the main parking lot is full.|
2) Account for potentially bad traffic.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.