Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Classic Pioneer Camping - Cloudland Canyon
|Event Location:||Cloudland Canyon State Park, Rising Fawn, GA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:00 pm >> Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:00 am (Carpool Departure: 6:00 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||1 Days 15 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Jennifer Howle|
Phil 'Foz' Parkerson
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$36.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||40|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||44 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
Pioneer camping (a.k.a. car camping) is an easy event for those looking to get back to nature and enjoy the simple pleasures in life...sleeping outdoors and sitting around a fire. With the weather is getting chilly, the leaves are turning bright, golden hues and old man winter is right around the corner.
UPDATE: We have reserved all 4 pioneer camping spots, so we will be able to spread out and not worry about disturbing another group (or having them disturb us!) Because of the popularity of this trip, we have upped the allowed number to 40.
|How to Get There:|
(Gate closes at 10:00pm), Cloudland Canyon State Park, Pioneer Campsite #2 (Everyone must check-in at the park office for a parking pass; late arrivals can check-in next morning) - I-75 North to Exit 320, Hwy 136; left onto Hwy 136; continue on Hwy 136 thru LaFayette and Cooper Heights; continuing on Hwy 136, after passing Hwy 189, look for the park entrance on the right.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||200Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||6:00 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||Estimated cost per vehicle for this event is $80.00 using a reimbursement rate guideline of $0.400 per mile. The total amount should be divided by the number of people in the vehicle, including the driver. This is a guideline, not a rule, for drivers but the cost should not be higher unless there are extenuating circumstances.|
A very limited number of dogs will be permitted. The owner is responsible for the behavior and care of their dog. If the dog can not be controlled, the owner may have to remove the dog from the event.
Important information for paid events in which payment is managed through the AOC:
- Payment must be received by the payment due date and prior to participation in the event.
- Some paid events require a minimum number of registered participants. If that number is not met, the event will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those who have already paid.
- Third-party vendors often require damage deposits. Each registrant agrees to be liable for and required to reimburse the Atlanta Outdoor Club for any withheld deposits due to the actions of or damages caused by that registrant.
- No partial payments. All registrants must pay the posted Member Cost regardless of any agreement you may have with any party involved in the event.
- Read the event description carefully for additional information, and contact the trip leader(s) with any questions.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost & Payment:|
$36.00 per person includes your dinner Friday, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast Sunday
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the AOC on Thu, Nov 1 2012.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
If you cancel on or before Nov 1, full payment is refundable less a $5 administrative fee. No refund after Nov 1 unless someone replaces you and pays in full, then you will receive a full refund less a $5 administrative fee.