Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
|Event Location:||Inca Trail/Machu Picchu, near Cusco, Peru|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jul 20 2013, Sun, Jul 21 2013, Mon, Jul 22 2013, Tue, Jul 23 2013, Wed, Jul 24 2013, Thu, Jul 25 2013, Fri, Jul 26 2013, Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:00 pm >> Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||6 Days 14 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Richard A. Zalik|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$700.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||40|
|Minimum Group Size:||12|
|Number Registered So Far:||34 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
ALL PERMITS AVAILABLE FOR THE DATES OF THIS TRIP HAVE ALREADY BEEN ISSUED, AND REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS CLOSED. PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING THE MOLLEPATA TO MACHU PICCHU EVENT THE FOLLOWING WEEK
Moderate to Strenuous 26 miles hiking and high altitude backpacking
1. A deposit of $400.00 must be received by the organizer not later than ten business days after you are moved to the list of participants. Please make the check out to Richard Zalik. The tour operator will use most of this money to purchase train tickets and entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu, and to contract support personnel and transportation from Cuzco to the trailhead. The tickets must be purchased in advance and are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Please mail your payment to: Richard Zalik, P.O. Box 29732, Atlanta, GA 30359.
You have to pay for your own lodging. The organizer will negotiate a group rate with a local hotel, and will give you the details at the first group meeting. Last year we paid $35.00 per person per night in a double occupancy room.
2. After I move you to the list of participants you will have ten business days to send your deposit. If I don't receive your check within that period of time I will move you back to the waiting list.
3. After I move you to the list of participants you will have ten business days to send me the following information: a. Your name as it appears in your passport; b. your nationality and passport number; c; your passport's expiration date; d. your date of birth; e. Your occupation. If I don't receive that information within that period of time I will move you back to the waiting list.
Access to the Inca Trail is limited to 500 persons a day, including support personnel. Preregistration is required, and places are allocated on a first come basis. Preregistration requires your passport number and personal information, and your passport will be checked at the trailhead. The expiration date of your passport must be at least six months after the date you leave Peru. Therefore, you cannot be included in the trip if you do not have a valid passport. It may take up to three months to get a US passport.
Important: As soon as the tour operator confirms receipt of the deposit, she will register you with the park authorities with the name and passport number that you gave us. The park authorities will issue you an official trek permit. The trek permit is a legal document with specific restrictions limiting changes. You must bring this same passport with you on the trek, and your name must match the name that appears in your passport. If for whatever reason you cannot bring the passport that is registered on the permit at the time of your original booking, or if you change your passport and cannot bring the original document, or if the information you originally supplied differs from what actually appears on your passport, park authorities may refuse you access to the Inca Trail. We would appreciate you inform us in a timely manner so we can make the necessary changes in advance (the tour operator charges a fee of $10.00 for the additional paperwork).
I will make a first wire transfer about twelve business days after I start moving people to the list of árticipants and a second wire transfer sbout ten business after that. IF YOUR CHECK CLEARS AFTER THIS SECOND DATE AND THERE IS STILL ROOM AVAILABLE, I WILL CHARGE YOU AN EXTRA $45.00 FOR A WIRE TRANSFER, unless you were moved into the list of participants because somebody else was moved back to the waiting list or dropped out.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
- Chartered bus from Cusco to Km 82 (initial point)-pick up from hotel.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Professional English speaking guide and assistants.
- Cook and assistant.
- Meals while in the tour (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 snacks -tea time, 3 dinners, and wake up tea every morning).
- Treated water as needed while on the hike, and warm water every morning to wash.
- Equipment: two person tent, kitchen tent, dining tent, mattresses, camp stools, camp tables and cooking gear, oxygen, first-aid kit.
- Porters to carry food and equipment.
- Porters to carry our personal belongings (up to 7 kg or 15 lbs per participant). We only carry a day pack.
- Bus from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes.
- Upgrade tourist train return from Aguas Calientes – Vistadome (subject to availability).
- Transfer from train station to hotel.
- Tips for support personnel.
- Bank processing fees.
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the AOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
If you cancel before the money has been wired to the tour operator your deposit will be refunded in full. Otherwise, no refunds are possible.