Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Kennesaw Mountain Sunday Afternoon Fitness Hike
|Event Location:||Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, Kennesaw, GA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:00 pm >> Sun, Aug 25 2013 6:30 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:00 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
The above photo is from a recent hike at Kennesaw Mountain displaying the beauty and uniqueness of every hiking experience (a warm beautiful evening after a day of rain). This will be a moderate to fast pace 6 mile hike not for beginners but welcome hikers new to Kennesaw Mountain. We will meet right in front of the cannon at the visitor's center to take roll and for introductions before starting.
A fun hike with a good workout is the plan for the day!
1. Allow yourself a few minutes to walk from old US 41 parking lot to the visitor's center if you park there.
2. This is a go at your own pace hike for those who know the way and want to go faster.
3. There is a drinking fountain at the start and on the Burnt Hickory side but if the weather is warm, carrying water or Gatoraide is recommended.
|How to Get There:|
Directions and Parking:
1) I-75 North to exit 267B Hwy 5 Canton Road Connector
8) If the parking lot if full (which is probable): Go back to Old 41 and take a left. Drive until you come to another left, which is a new overflow parking lot for Kennesaw Mountain. There are approximately 270 spaces in this lot.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.