Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
|Event Location:||Inca Trail/Machu Picchu, near Cusco, Peru|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:00 pm >> Fri, Jul 4 2014 5:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Mon, Dec 30 2013 4:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Mon, Dec 30 2013 4:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||7 Days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
|Trip Leader(s):||Richard A. Zalik|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$750.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||18|
|Minimum Group Size:||12|
|Number Registered So Far:||10 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
There are no more permits available for the Inca Trail for the dates of our hike. Registration for this event is closed.
Moderate to Strenuous 26 miles hiking and high altitude backpacking
1. A deposit of $450.00 must be received by the organizer by the date indicated below. Please make the check out to Richard Zalik. The tour operator will use most of this money to purchase train tickets and entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu, and to contract support personnel and transportation from Cuzco to the trailhead. The tickets must be purchased in advance and are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Please mail your payment to: Richard Zalik, P.O. Box 29732, Atlanta, GA 30359.
2. You have to pay for your own lodging. The organizer will negotiate a group rate with a local hotel, and will give you the details at the first group meeting. Last year we paid $35.00 per person per night in a double occupancy room.
3. The day before the hike begins you will pay the tour operator the $300.00 remaining balance. Because of the high credit card fees charged by local banks, payment must be made in cash (dollars or soles). ATM machines are widely available in Cusco.
2. After I move you to the list of participants, and only then, mail me your deposit. If I don't receive your check by January 24 I will move you back to the waiting list.
3. After I move you to the list of participants you will have until January 24 to send me the following information: a. Your name as it appears in your passport; b. your nationality and passport number; c; your passport's expiration date; d. your date of birth; e. Your occupation. If I don't receive that information by that date, I will move you back to the waiting list.
Access to the Inca Trail is limited to 500 persons a day, including support personnel. Preregistration is required, and places are allocated on a first come basis. Preregistration requires your passport number and personal information, and your passport will be checked at the trailhead. The expiration date of your passport must be at least six months after the date you leave Peru. You cannot be included in the trip if you do not have a valid passport. It may take up to three months to get a US passport.
Important: As soon as the tour operator confirms receipt of the deposit, she will register you with the park authorities with the name and passport number that you gave us. The park authorities will issue you an official trek permit. The trek permit is a legal document with specific restrictions limiting changes. You must bring this same passport with you on the trek, and your name must match the name that appears in your passport. If for whatever reason you cannot bring the passport that is registered on the permit at the time of your original booking, or if you change your passport and cannot bring the original document, or if the information you originally supplied differs from what actually appears on your passport, park authorities may refuse you access to the Inca Trail. We would appreciate you inform us in a timely manner so we can make the necessary changes in advance (the tour operator charges a fee of $10.00 for the additional paperwork).
I will make a first wire transfer on January 27, and a second wire transfer about ten business after that. IF YOUR CHECK CLEARS AFTER THIS SECOND DATE AND THERE IS STILL ROOM AVAILABLE, I WILL CHARGE YOU AN EXTRA $45.00 FOR A WIRE TRANSFER, unless you were moved into the list of participants because somebody else was moved back to the waiting list or dropped out.
DISCLAIMER: The Trip Leader for this event has elected either to personally collect the funds that event participants are required to pay, or to require participants to pay funds directly to a third party. No funds will be paid to the Atlanta Outdoor Club for this event. Therefore, by registering for this event, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (1) the monies paid by registrants will not be monitored, managed, or otherwise accounted for by the Atlanta Outdoor Club; (2) that the Atlanta Outdoor Club bears no financial responsibility for this event; and (3) you waive any and all claims against the Atlanta Outdoor Club, and hold the Atlanta Outdoor Club harmless for the loss of any monies you paid for this event.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, any paying registrant may request directly from the Trip Leader, prior to the event, a breakdown of funds collected, estimated expenses, and deposits made in anticipation of the event. Following the event, the Trip Leader must complete his or her financial accounting for the event, with supporting documentation, within 30 days of the completion of the event, and a paid registrant may request a breakdown of funds collected, money spent and supporting documentation after that time. If you are unable to obtain requested documentation, please contact the Director of Paid Events.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
- Chartered bus from Cusco to Km 82 (initial point)-pick up from hotel.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Professional English speaking guide and assistants.
- Cook and assistant.
- Meals while in the tour (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 snacks -tea time, 3 dinners, and wake up tea every morning).
- Treated water as needed while on the hike, and warm water every morning to wash.
- Equipment: two person tent, kitchen tent, dining tent, mattresses, camp stools, camp tables and cooking gear, oxygen, first-aid kit.
- Porters to carry food and equipment.
- Porters to carry our personal belongings (up to 7 kg or 15 lbs per participant). We only carry a day pack.
- Bus from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes.
- Upgrade tourist train return from Aguas Calientes – Vistadome (subject to availability).
- Transfer from train station to hotel.
- Tips for support personnel.
- Bank processing fees.
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the AOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
If you cancel before the money has been wired to the tour operator your deposit will be refunded in full. Otherwise, no refund is possible.