Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Classic Pioneer Camping - A H Stephens State Park
|Event Location:||A H Stephens State Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Apr 25 2014 6:00 pm >> Sun, Apr 27 2014 11:00 am|
|Registration Opens:||Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||1 Days 17 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Jennifer Howle|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$36.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||18 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
Camping season is here! It's one of my favorite times of the year, so let's head to the woods to enjoy the season. This month, we are headed to A.H. Stephens State Park.
As with all of my trips, everyone pitches in to help cook and clean up afterwards. To keep us organized, I will be e-mailing out a sign-up list for meals. If you have a specific meal you would prefer to cook or clean-up for, please let me know in the notes section when you register for the trip.
*PLEASE NOTE: expect late nights carousing around the campfire, a little dog slobber, and an awesome weekend!
|How to Get There:|
Located 2 miles north of I-20 off Exit #148 (Hwy. 22). Turn right at the junction of Hwy 22 and Hwy 278. Turn left at the traffic light. Go 2 blocks, turn left, then make an immediate right. Follow signs to park office. If RV is taller than 12' 10", exit at #148. Go 2 miles and cross the junction of Hwy. 22 and Hwy. 278. Turn right onto MLK Jr. Dr. Go 1 mile, then turn left onto Alexander Street. Follow signs to park office.
A.H. Stephens Historic Park
Are dogs permitted? Yes, dogs are welcome if leashed (no longer than six feet) while in the state park and accompanied by the owner at all times; however, they are not allowed in or around historic sites, cottages, lodges, group camps, swimming areas. Kennels are not available. Owners are responsible for care and feeding of their dogs. Owners should always clean up after their dog. Owners are solely responsible for their dogs' behavior. Dogs that cannot be controlled may be asked to leave the event. Dogs must be approved before the event by the trip leader!!
Important information for paid events in which payment is managed through the AOC:
- Payment must be received by the payment due date and prior to participation in the event.
- Some paid events require a minimum number of registered participants. If that number is not met, the event will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those who have already paid.
- Third-party vendors often require damage deposits. Each registrant agrees to be liable for and required to reimburse the Atlanta Outdoor Club for any withheld deposits due to the actions of or damages caused by that registrant.
- No partial payments. All registrants must pay the posted Member Cost regardless of any agreement you may have with any party involved in the event.
- Read the event description carefully for additional information, and contact the trip leader(s) with any questions.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost & Payment:|
$36.00 includes your dinner Friday, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast Sunday.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the AOC on Fri, Apr 11 2014.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
If you cancel on or before April 11th, full payment is refundable less a $5 administrative fee. No refund after April 11th unless someone from the waitlist replaces you and pays in full. In that case, you are eligible for a full refund less a $5 administrative fee.