Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Classic Pioneer Camping - Black Rock Mountain
|Event Location:||Black Rock Mountain State Park, Mountain City, GA|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Oct 23 2015 5:00 pm >> Sun, Oct 25 2015 5:00 pm|
|Registration Opens:||Wed, Sep 23 2015 6:00 pm|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Oct 9 2015 3:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||2 Days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
|Trip Leader(s):||Jennifer Howle|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$36.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||30|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||30 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
This month we are heading to Black Rock Mountain State Park, Georgia's highest state park at 3,640 feet, to enjoy some lovely Fall colors.
As with all of my trips, everyone pitches in to help cook and clean up afterwards. To keep us organized, I will be e-mailing out a sign-up list for meals. If you have a specific meal you would prefer to cook or clean-up for, please let me know in the notes section when you register for the trip.
|How to Get There:|
Mountain City, GA, 8:00 p.m. at the pioneer campsite in Black Rock Mountain State Park. I-85N to I-985N to 441N through Tallulah Falls and Clayton; 3 miles North of Clayton, in Mountain City, turn left onto Black Rock Mountain Parkway (look for brown signs) and continue up steep mountain road into the park; at the Y in the road, stay right and follow signs to Tsatu-Gi pioneer camping; turn right on gravel road (next to the cabins) and continue down hill to pioneer campsite.
Are Dogs Permitted? Yes, a limited number. NO other pets (ie, cats, birds, lizards, snakes, etc) are permitted. Kennels are not available. Owner is reponsible for feeding and watering. Owner should always clean up after their dog. Owner is also responsible for dogs behavior. If the dog can not be controlled, trip leader may ask the dog to be removed from the trip. The trip leader must approve all dogs prior to the event!!
Important information for paid events in which payment is managed through the AOC:
- Payment must be received by the payment due date and prior to participation in the event.
- Some paid events require a minimum number of registered participants. If that number is not met, the event will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those who have already paid.
- Third-party vendors often require damage deposits. Each registrant agrees to be liable for and required to reimburse the Atlanta Outdoor Club for any withheld deposits due to the actions of or damages caused by that registrant.
- No partial payments. All registrants must pay the posted Member Cost regardless of any agreement you may have with any party involved in the event.
- Read the event description carefully for additional information, and contact the trip leader(s) with any questions.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost & Payment:|
$36.00 includes camp site rental and all meals.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the AOC on Fri, Oct 9 2015.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
If you cancel on or before October 9, you will receive a full refund less a $5 administrative fee. No refund if you cancel after October 9 unless someone replaces you and pays in full, then you will receive a full refund less a $5 administrative fee.