Add this event to your calendar (Outlook, iCalendar)
Add REGISTRATION REMINDER to your calendar
Camping, Wildflowers, Rolling Hills and Hiking
|Event Location:||Roan Mountain State Park, TN|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:00 pm >> Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:00 am (Carpool Departure: 3:00 pm *log in for location*)|
|Registration Opens:||Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:30 am|
|Registration Cut Off:||Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:00 pm|
|Event Duration:||1 Days 20 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate (Exploratory)|
|Trip Leader(s):||Lisa Maldonado|
Email Trip Leader(s)
You must be logged in to get the Trip Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$12.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 / 0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Note: This is an "EXPLORATORY" trip. This means that there are parts of this trip, or perhaps the whole trip, that is new to your Trip Leader(s). However, they are confident that this will not be an issue.
This note is here so that you can make an informed decision. When a Trip Leader isn't personally familiar with a trip, there is an increased chance of things not going as planned and you need to be prepared. The Trip Leader may have additional details in the itinerary.
Roan Mountain is on National Geographics top 100 American Adventures list:
Roan Mountain State Park encompasses 2,006 acres of
southern Appalachian forest at the base of 6,285 foot Roan Mountain. Park
elevation ranges from 3,000 feet in the valley to around 3,700 feet on
surrounding ridges. Rich hardwood forests allow for a great diversity of life
and a wide range of outdoor activities. Park guests have opportunities to
hike along creeks and ridges.
|How to Get There:|
Will be announced shortly
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||520Mile(s)|
|Carpool Departure Time:||3:00 pm|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||Estimated cost per vehicle for this event is $208.00 using a reimbursement rate guideline of $0.400 per mile. The total amount should be divided by the number of people in the vehicle, including the driver. This is a guideline, not a rule, for drivers but the cost should not be higher unless there are extenuating circumstances.|
Important information for paid events in which payment is managed through the AOC:
- Payment must be received by the payment due date and prior to participation in the event.
- Some paid events require a minimum number of registered participants. If that number is not met, the event will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those who have already paid.
- Third-party vendors often require damage deposits. Each registrant agrees to be liable for and required to reimburse the Atlanta Outdoor Club for any withheld deposits due to the actions of or damages caused by that registrant.
- No partial payments. All registrants must pay the posted Member Cost regardless of any agreement you may have with any party involved in the event.
- Read the event description carefully for additional information, and contact the trip leader(s) with any questions.
* We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines while participating in AOC events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the AOC on Thu, Sep 27 2012.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review the AOC cancellation policy.
No Refund will be issued after September 20th unless someone takes your place and makes a payment. A $5 service fee will be charged for all cancellations.